I do love a Questions/Answers type thing, I’m the nosiest person you could ever meet (probably) so something like this is right up my street.
Thanks to the FABULOUS Lucy at This Mum’s Life (check her out, she is HILAIR), I have been nominated to answer the questions she has set me and I also have the interesting task of not only nominating 10 other bloggers, I also have to set them 10 questions myself.
Oooo can you tell I’m excited??
So, not only is this a great way for us bloggers to get to know each other, it also means that there’s a potential for you to discover new blogs to read and have your blogs read too!
Win win situation or what?
Here’s the questions I was tasked with answering:
1. What is your biggest blogging highlight so far?
Being interviewed by BBC Radio Bristol. Both a blogging highlight and a personal achievement. This time last year I could never have imagined I would be discussing a blog I had started, nor did I think I would be comfortable discussing something so personal as my experience with Post Natal Depression & Anxiety. I absolutely adore writing and am so proud of my blog.
2. What is your favourite city in the world?
Rome. Beautiful, classy, great food, even better wine and steeped in history. What more could one want?
3. What are your top 3 TV series of all time?
What a question. The Only Way Is Essex (don’t judge me), Doctor Foster and Broadchurch.
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A journalist. Sadly, I was never academic enough, I think this goes some way to explain why at the age of 29 I decided to start a blog.
5. If you could go back to being a certain age in your life, what would it be?
These questions are fab! I would probably say 26. I was in the best shape of my life, I’d just bought my first house and was having a lot of fun (I also got pregnant with my son just before turning 27 too).
6. Who is your favourite comedian?
This is a very difficult question to provide a definitive answer to. Ricky Gervais is up there, along with Peter Kay.
7. What was the last thing you saw at the cinema?
Legend. Here’s a review of it since you asked!
8. What has been the most romantic moment of your life so far?
I’m not a huge fan of romance if I’m honest, I’m quite cold hearted when it comes to all that stuff, I guess when my other half proposed back in 2012 was pretty romantic. Have a read and judge for yourself!
9. If you were to blog about another subject, what would it be?
Well, I blog about pretty much anything and everything as it is, I leave no subject uncovered (aside from sport perhaps? I wouldn’t know where to begin there). I’d love to be able to review television programmes a little more perhaps? And celebrities – I am obsessed with celebrity culture.
10. Snog, marry, avoid: Mr Bloom, Andy Day, Ben Cajee (google them if you don’t know who they are!)
Avoid Mr Bloom, I’ve made no secret of my feelings towards that one. Marry Ben Cajee, he seems like a lovely guy and I suppose that means I have to snog Andy Day but let me make this clear, I am in no way happy about this!!
And there’s my Q&A. Now it’s time for me to set the questions I want answered, nominate my bloggers to answer said questions and with any ‘game’, there has to be rules to obey. Blimey, I sound like a headmistress.
My 10 questions I’d like answers to are….
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What 3 things would you take with you to a dessert island and why?
3. What’s your all time favourite song?
4. What was your worst Christmas present and why?
5. Have you made any New Year resolutions? If you have, what are they?
6. What are your hopes for this year?
7. What’s your favourite memory?
8. What’s your favourite film?
9. What’s your guiltiest pleasure in life?
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you have ever written? Link it here.
The authors of the blogs I have nominated to answer my questions are as follows:
You’re of course under no obligation to take part in this, but if you feel you’d like to then I would love to read your answers!
Those rules I mentioned? Here they are.
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award, and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you
3. Nominate a further 10 bloggers for the award
4. Write 10 questions for those nominees to answer
5. Display the award on your blog, or post!